Important Voter Information from the Township Clerk’s Office
Please take note of the following important dates and information:
· If you are eligible to vote, but have not yet registered, your registration must be received 21 days prior to the election
· Vote by Mail Applications can be obtained from the Township Clerk’s Office and then must be filed in the Morris County Clerk’s Office. An official ballot will be sent to the address you request.
o A voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by mail up to 7 days prior to the election.
o The last day to apply for a Mail-In Ballot in person is 3:00 p.m. on the day before the election.
If you live overseas and are a qualified voter, you may vote using a Federal Overseas Ballot, available from the Office of the Commissioner of Registration (973) 285-6715.
Applications for military absentee ballots are available to registered or non-registered people of voting age who are:
1. In the military service; or
2. Spouses or dependents of those in the military service; or
3. Civilians who are attached to the military services; or
4. Spouses or dependents of civilians who are attached to the military services
You can obtain a Military Absentee Ballot from the County Clerk, any Municipal clerk or by requesting an application from the proper military personnel, or by having a relative or friend obtain an application for you.
If you have moved since the last election, within Morris County or from outside Morris County, please make sure you are correctly registered as follows:
1. If you MOVE WITHIN MORRIS COUNTY more than 21 days before an election, you must file a written change of address with the Superintendent of Elections' Office.
2. If you MOVE WITHIN MORRIS COUNTY less than 21 days before an election, you will vote in your new municipality, ward or district by Provisional Ballot. For your new polling location, you may call the Superintendent of Elections' Office at (973) 285-6715.
3. MOVING FROM/TO ANOTHER COUNTY: If you move to another county more than 30 days before an election, you must re-register and vote in the new county. If you move to another county less than 30 days before an election, you may vote at your previous polling place for only that election. You must then register in the county where you reside.
Detailed voter information can be found online by going to www.morriselections.org
To view FAQ's click here.
To find out what district to vote in, check your sample ballot or click here to view a street by street listing.
For more important dates, click here.